Compare 2017 Nissan Rogue vs Honda CR-V near Elkhart, IN
Compare 2017 Nissan Rogue vs 2017 Honda CR-V
Serving Warsaw, Elkhart, and Fort Wayne
The somewhat recent introduction and success of the crossover style vehicle to the modern automotive market has made the crossover a greatly desired style of vehicle, and for several good reasons. The CUV (Crossover Utility Vehicle) combines the engine type and undercarriage of the sedan with the spacious high platform seating and overall utilitarian style of the SUV. Oftentimes crossovers boast some of the newest four-wheel-drive capabilities in the automotive market whilst maintaining fuel economy specs that are nothing short of spectacular.
Two prolific examples of success within the crossover automotive market can be seen with the 2017 Nissan Rogue and the 2017 Honda CR-V. The 2017 Nissan Rogue uses the mechanical elements of the Nissan C platform (seen in 2004 with the Japanese Nissan Lafesta), and the 2017 Honda CR-V borrows its platform design from the Honda Civic.
The crossover is a great compromise for the consumer who is torn between purchasing a sedan or an SUV because, simply, you get the best of both worlds.
It’s safe to say that not all crossover vehicles are made with equal attention to design, detail, and overall mechanical performance, but the general modern design pattern that the crossover seems to be following is impressive. In short, here’s how the 2017 Nissan Rogue compares with the 2017 Honda CR-V mechanically:
- 2.5-liter (Rogue) vs a 2.4-liter engine (CR-V).
- 22/33 MPG1 (Rogue) vs 26/32 MPG (CR-V). Consumers looking to maximize their fuel economy while on the road will prefer the Rogue.
The new 2017 Nissan Rogue offers AWD options, and Hill Start Assist and an Xtronic Sports Shifter are available on all standard models. EBD (Electronic brake force distribution), Active Trace Control, Active Engine Braking, and Active Ride Control are all standard premium mechanical features included with all 2017 Rogue models.
Exterior & Interior Aesthetics
There is no denying that the new 2017 Nissan Rogue is eye catching to say the least. Featuring a slightly more simplistic exterior body design than the Honda CR-V, the Nissan Rogue appears slightly more utilitarian in appearance, and has slightly higher approach and departure angles than its competition. The 2017 Nissan Rogue features an updated fascia that appears fiercely brooding in its overall aesthetic. Like previous Rogue fascia designs the chrome center Nissan insignia glints prominently.
In terms of interior aesthetics and technology, Nissan has certainly done there part in assuring that the comfort and convenience factors are priority for their drivers. The 2017 Nissan Rogue features a breathtakingly wide array of customizable accessory packages and devices, including but not limited to:
- Auto Dimming Rearview System which detects headlight glare at night and dims accordingly. Select models also feature a compass and electronic access ports that allow you to open up home garages or security gates with ease.
- Four Season Floor mats constructed from custom made durable material suitable for rain, mud, or snow.
- Illuminated Kick Plates that illuminate sectors of the car door as you climb inside your vehicle to insure maximum comfort and convenience.
The 2017 Nissan Rogue is also the home to a lush and spacious interior trademarked by a complex and signature grouping of instrument/dash clusters that gives the Rogue more than just a hint of upscale design.
Nissan is known for their safe vehicles, and the 2017 Rogue is equipped with the following new safety features:
- Forward Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection.
- Blind Spot Warning.
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert.
- Moving Object Detection.
- Lane Departure Warning with Lane Departure Prevention.
- High Beam Assist Headlights.
The 2017 Nissan Rogue is also an IIHS Safety Pick Plus Award recipient.
Give Us A Call In Warsaw
At Sorg Nissan we encourage you to stop on by and take each model out for a test drive. We guarantee your satisfaction with both excellent crossovers, and guarantee you’ll be happy with our prices to.
 Fuel economy based on 2017 EPA fuel economy estimates for 2017 Rogue®. 2017 fuel economy of:
• 26 city MPG or 33 highway MPG or 29 combined MPG estimate (S, SV, and SL trims)
• 33 city MPG or 35 highway MPG or 34 combined MPG estimate (SV hybrid and SL hybrid trims)
Actual mileage may vary with driving conditions – use for comparison only.