\Nissan Altima vs. Ford Taurus
2017 Nissan Altima
2016 Ford Taurus
Attention Indiana drivers: the 2017 Nissan Altima is making a splash throughout the area with its colossal engine power, its wide range of smart technologies, and its spectrum of safety devices designed to keep you and everybody else on board as secure as possible. Still not convinced? Simply compare this vehicle to one of its competitors, the 2016 Ford Taurus, to see how it fares against the competition before heading to Sorg Nissan for a test drive.
First thing’a first: engine power. We’ll be blunt – the Altima gives you a lot of it. Whether you’re heading to the Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo with your family or one of Elkhart’s many museums, the Altima is designed to get you there.
- The 2017 Nissan Altima – The Altima lets you choose between either a 2.5L DOHC 16-Valve 4-Cylinder engine that generates 179 hp or a 3.5L DOHC 24-Valve V6 engine that gives you 270 hp. Likewise, this is one well-equipped car, boasting Active Understeer Control, Xtronic CVT transmission, and even paddle shifters that make it possible for you to opt for manual transmission.
- The 2016 Ford Taurus – The Taurus will provide you with a few quality engines, including one that boasts impressive horsepower (365 hp, to be exact), yet the Ford does not offer up the same driver assist features as the Altima.
Second, the Altima is also outfitted with a selection of stellar driving technologies.
- The 2017 Nissan Altima – Not only will you be able to enjoy top-notch audio courtesy of a 9-speaker Bose Premium Audio system, but you’ll also be able to choose from all the music on your phone via the Altima’s NissanConnect system, which enables you to access all the music, podcasts, and more on your iPhone.Drive through scenic Goshen with your tunes of choice playing from your premium audio system. You’ll even be able to change tracks and adjust the volume with steering-wheel-mounted controls.
- The 2016 Ford Taurus – Like most other Fords, the Taurus comes with a SYNC device to ensure connectivity throughout the drive, yet it does not come with the Altima’s Bose Premium Audio or its 9-speaker sound system.
The Altima is also a remarkably safe car, with a broad spectrum of security devices to keep you and and your passengers protected.
- The 2017 Nissan Altima – Blind Spot Warning System? Check. Vehicle Dynamic Control? Check. A Rear Cross Traffic Alert device, Predictive Forward Collision Warning, and Forward Emergency Braking? Check, check, and check. And that’s just the beginning of what the Altima has to offer you.
- The 2016 Ford Taurus – Even if it does give you a Lane Keep System and Forward Collision Warning, the Taurus does not deliver the Altima’s Predictive Forward Collision Warning device.
Explore the 2017 Nissan Altima!
We urge you to explore all that the 2017 Nissan Altima has to offer by stopping by our Sorg Nissan dealership today. Located at 2845 North Detroit St. in Warsaw, we can also be reached online via telephone at 574-267-5850. So, delay no longer – explore all the strength and security of the new Nissan Altima at Sorg Nissan!