2016 Nissan Murano vs. the 2016 Subaru Outback
2016 Nissan Murano
2016 Subaru Outback
The 2016 Nissan Murano is one powerful vehicle. Equipped with a colossal engine capable of producing tremendous amounts of horsepower, and boasting superior handling, the Murano gives Fort Wayne, Goshen, and Elkhart drivers access to unparalleled might and unrivaled performance. Meanwhile, the Murano also distinguishes itself from the crowd by offering a broad range of top-notch technologies and extensive range of safety devices. But in order to really recognize what makes this SUV so distinctive, let’s compare it to another vehicle in the same category: the 2016 Subaru Outback.
Titanic Engine Power
First of all, we’ve got to get one thing straight: the 2016 Nissan Murano is one mighty machine, especially when compared to the Outback:
- The 2016 Nissan Murano – The Murano is powered by a 3.5L DOHC 24-Valve V6 engine that can generate as much as 260 hp while also churning out 240 lb-ft of torque. That’s truly unbelievable engine power.
- The 2016 Subaru Outback – If you’re doubting how unique the Murano is, just look at what the Outback has to offer you: a 2.5L H4, 16-valve DOHC engine that produces 175 hp and 174 lb-ft of torque—or 85 hp less than the Murano. When you rely on your SUV for trailering and towing, every single bit of horsepower counts—and the Outback just doesn’t come close to the Murano in this area.
Stellar Safety Devices
Well, then, what about safety? Here, too, the Murano surpasses the Outback:
- The 2016 Nissan Murano – The Murano gives you Vehicle Stability Control and Traction Control, Blind Spot Warning, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Moving Object Detection, Predictive Forward Collision Warning, Forward Emergency Braking, LATCH, a Tire Pressure Monitor, and many more devices.
- The 2016 Subaru Outback – The base-line Outback does give you some strong safety systems—Dual Front Air Bags, Front-Seat-Impact Air Bags, Eyesight Driver Assist Technology, Blind Spot Detection, and a Rear Cross Traffic Alert system—but it doesn’t offer the Murano’s Predictive Forward Collision Warning or Moving Object Detection.
In addition to offering more power, the 2016 Nissan Murano also provides better, smarter technologies than the Outback:
- The 2016 Nissan Murano – Let’s take one example: like other Nissans, the Murano comes equipped with an awesome Bose Premium Audio system, which embeds in the Murano as many as eleven speakers. At the same time, it gives you HD Radio, SiriusXM, and a range of other audio technologies.
- The 2016 Subaru Outback – It’s the same old story here: the Subaru gives drivers some solid tech-systems, certainly…but not the ones that most matter. The Outback gives you no Bose Premium Audio, and it certainly can’t offer the Murano’s eleven speakers.
Try Out Your New Murano Today!
Luckily, Fort Wayne, Elkhart, and Goshen drivers don’t have to take our word for it—you can take the Murano out for a test drive yourself at Sorg Nissan. Contact us online, stop in our showroom at 2845 North Detroit Street in Warsaw, or feel free to pick up the phone and give us a call at 574-267-5850 to arrange a drive. Experience raw power in the 2016 Nissan Murano!